This photo of Pelican Stadium was taken in 1947, it looks as if some construction is
underway, either at the stadium or on the street; it could be about the time they
removed the streetcar tracks and narrowed the Tulane Avenue neutral ground.
Old Pelican Stadium
Tulane Avenue streetcar in front of old Pelican Stadium, 1940's.
(Many thanks to Earl Capace for sharing this photo.)
Left to right:  George Crow, Joe Black, Hank Thompson, unidentified, Larry Doby, Roy
Campanella, Monty Irving & Suitcase Simpson; All Star game, Pelican Stadium, 1952.
(Photo courtesy of Boston Library.)
Photo taken at the intersection of Tulane and Carrollton
Avenues, showing Pelican Stadium, 1947
New Orleans Pelicans - 1910 Champions Southern Association
(Photo courtesy of Infrogmation at Wikimedia.)
Pelicans dugout, 1930's
(Many thanks to Earl Capace for sharing this photo.)
Event held at Pelican Stadium, 1932
Baseball clinic held at Pelican Stadium, given by members of the New
Orleans Creoles, 1947  
(Photo courtesy of the Library of Congress.)
From left to right, Pelican Manager Jimmy Brown, former
Mayor Moon Landrieu and Larry Lassalle, 1940's
Aerial view, 1950's
The Pelican baseball team had its start at Athletic Park, on Tulane Avenue between
S. Carrollton Avenue and S. pierce Street.  They won their first pennant in 1905 - a
year when many of their "home" games had to be out of town because of a yellow
fever epidemic in the city.  A few years later, they moved to Pelican Park on S.
Carrollton Avenue and Banks Street.  In 1915, they found their permanent home
when they made the move to Pelican Stadium (initially known as Heinemann Park) at
Tulane Avenue and S. Carrollton Avenue.  (The entire stadium was actually moved
to the new site by mules and wagons.)  The last baseball game played at Pelican
Stadium occurred on September 1, 1957.  Soon after that, it was demolished to
make way for the Fountainebleau Hotel.